Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 January 2016

How I Met Your Mother Re-review (Spoiler Alert)

HIMYM
I did a little rewatching of How I Met Your Mother and trust me it never gets old, there's a lot in it the various graphic lessons from Barney and if not then from Ted( No matter how long it takes, you would meet the one) and the timeless golden jokes in every episode or the iconic opening soundtrack 'Hey Beautiful' by The Solids.


Without doubt How I Met Your Mother is well written and performed by a talented cast but ended on a very low note with a last season that ruined the previous 8, the last season practically threw away every build up that had begun the story development (the way the Mother that was finally found was killed off for Robin...again), character development ( the way Barney goes from a changed and reformed human being back to the heartless whore we all love, but seriously it was awesome for the moment it lasted).

I honestly enjoyed the whole thing again despite its faults or the only at the end. It led me to a singular simple conclusion "No one can really replace FRIENDS in our hearts." There have been a plethora of attempts to recapture the form and dominance of a show with such an influence on different generations, even if How I Met Your Mother had its own style and panache to the sitcom genre, it still takes some notes from FRIENDS, it seems you can pay for school but you can't buy class.

The Verdict: 7/10 - How I Met Your Mother is worth watching or revisiting given that you avoid season 9 at all costs


No comments:

Post a Comment